Single needle double thread chain stitch machine head could be closing off all sorts of fill bags, e.g. burlap, jute, woven poly, cotton, plastic, and paper with single thread chain stitch 401. It could be mounted on the pedestal to be a bag closing system with pedal switch controls. In this article, the consumption formula for single needle double thread chain stitch machine.
Features of Single Needle Double Thread Chain Stitch Machine:
- Single needle double thread chain stitch 401.
- High sewing speed up to 1,800 spm.
- Sewing capacity up to 11mm (7/16 in.), 32 plies of paper.
- Adjustable stitch length from 6.5-11mm.
- Built-in mechanical thread chain cutter.
- Built-in sight feed oiler.
- The main parts are made of copper alloy and high-duty alloy.
- Rolling bearing adopted in crankshaft.
- Easy maintenance semi closed structure.
- Well assembly quality, ensure the stable running.
- Low cost but reliable machine head, the most popular machine head in the market.
Single Needle Double Thread Chain Stitch Machine Consumption:
C = (4 N + 2T) × S
= 4 NS + 2 TS
= 4 + 2 TS; Because, NS = 1.
(a) If there are 10 stitches per inch and thickness is 0.025″, what will be threading consumption per inch?
C = 4 + 2 TS = 4 + 2 × 0.025″ × 10″
= 4.5″ (Ans.)
You may like also: Consumption Formula for Single Needle Lock Stitch Machine
(b) If there are 20 yds. Of chain stitches in a garment then how many meters of threads are needed for chain stitches?
1 yds = 36 inch
Then, 20 yds. = 36 × 20 = 720 inch.
1″ needed = 4.5 thread
Then, 720″ needed = 4.5 × 720 thread
= 3240 thread.
Need thread consumption = 3240/39.37
= 82.29 meter. (Ans.)
Author of this Article: Mayedul Islam Merchandiser at Fashion Xpress Buying House. Badda, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Email: [email protected]