Calculate Embroidery Cost in Garments:
Embroidery is also a very important section of the Apparel sector. It’s very essential for decorating garments. It makes the garments more attractive to us. It has now become more popular and widely used in the apparel industry. Maximum orders received from buyers, generally exist one or several types of embroidery tasks. There are many factors to calculate the embroidery charge in garments. The main factors affecting to calculation cost of embroidery are given below.
Factors Affecting Cost of Embroidery:
When looking to get items custom embroidered a couple of factors to consider are product quality and price, size of the design, and the number of locations being embroidered. Affecting factors are:
- The number of stitches.
- Type of embroidery.
- The time required to complete one batch.
- Color of thread.
- Cutting of appliqué (Dice or Laser cutter).
- Place of embroidery.
- Resource and hand involve in doing embroidery.
- Any restriction on selection on the embroidery machine.
- Any compliance requirement.
- Any restriction on the use of embroidery thread.
- Any lab test requirement.
Calculate of Embroidery Cost in Garments
We know the embroidery stitch unit is 12000 stitches but always embroidery factory will not accept any order on stitches if the total handling time is too long due to the combination of work with Applique, Patch, Wording, etc as such how much time is consumed to complete one batch will dictate the cost.
12000 Stitch = 1 unit in embroidery
For computing the price of embroidery we need to know the following information first and consider some parameters:
1) Stitch the quantity of the design. Say, it is 8000
2) Rate of per unit. (it may vary depends on the design, also the availability of the factory). Say, it is $0.25/unit.
At first we will find out the unit per dozen. (Stitch qty X 12 / 12000)
Rules: = (Stitch quantity X 12 ) / 12000 X Rate per unit
= 8000 X 12 / 12000 X $0.25
=96000 / 12000 X $0.25
= 8 X $0.25
Author of this Article: Noor Ahmed Raaz Asst. Merchandiser A.M.C.S Textile Ltd Email: [email protected]